General Chemistry (first year). There are three ACS exams for General Chemistry: one for first semester, one for second semester, and one for both terms combined.
- If you take and pass the combined exam, you will obtain credit for both 1211 and 1212.
- If a passing score is not earned on the full term exam, you may take the first semester exam. You will obtain credit for 1211 if a passing score is earned.
- You may take any particular exam only once.
- All exams are comprised of approximately 70 multiple-choice questions.
- A passing score of 50% is required.
IMPORTANT: ACS Tests during Summer 2021.
- General Chemistry ACS tests are being conducted online during Summer 2021.
- Exams are conducted through the eLC (Electronic Learning Commons).
- All tests are proctored.
- Scheduling is done by the Chemistry Administrator. Please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name
- 81x number
- The test you wish to take
- Preferred date
The exams are given free of charge and last approximately two hours. Transfer credit will appear as an elective (for example, CHEM 1GX)