Import a single publication
The easiest method to load a single publication is with a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
- Select 'Add Publication' on the Faculty/Staff page.
- Click on 'DOI Lookup' and paste the DOI name into the field.
- Click on 'Populate using DOI' to get the publication information from the CrossRef system.
- Abstracts are not imported with the DOI Lookup. If you would like to include the abstract you will need to copy the text and paste it into the abstract field.
- On the bottom of the form choose Yes to add the publication to your short list or No to only show it in the full publication list.
- Click Save to add the publication to the database.
Importing multiple publications
If you need to load multiple publications then it is easiest if you first prepare the list of publications in EndNote.
- Export the list of publications from EndNote as an XML file.
- Select 'Import Publications' on the Faculty/Staff page.
- Choose the XML file you created in step one.
- Select EndNote XML for the file type.
- Make sure that Batch Process is checked and that your user ID is selected in the dropdown menu.
- Click on Import.
- If you are importing a large number of publications the system may process 10 to 20 publications and then require you to click Import again to continnue with the batch process.
Adding/Removing publications from the short list
The short list of publications is displayed on your research page.
- Select 'Manage Publications' on the Faculty/Staff page. You should now see all of your publications that have been added to the DoC website.
- Click the title of the paper you would like to add to or remove from the short list of publications.
- Select the Edit tab.
- At the bottom of the form select Yes to add the publication to the short list or No to remove it from the short list.