If a student has earned AP credit for a course but would like to take the lecture only, the student must request an override to take either the lecture or the lab. Taking the course deletes the AP credit, however. It is also important to realize that not all graduate, dental, veterinarian, medical and other professional schools accept AP credits. This applies to both lecture and lab credits. Whether or not to retake a course that a student has previously earned credit for is a consideration that should be made carefully based on future plans, financial aid and other factors. Please contact Mrs. Conkin-Anderson to request an override to delete the AP credit and take the chemistry course at sconkin@uga.edu. It is important to indicate the student’s name, 810 number, and the name of the course (e.g. Chem 1211) as well.

FAQ Types: 
FAQ to Display (OLD FIELD): 
Undergraduate Program FAQ
FAQ Audience: